Ropes for Less 2015 Photo Contest
Ropes for Less invites photographers to enter its 2015 Digital Photo Contest. The photo contest will run from November 11th, 2015 to December 10th, 2015. Winners will be announced December 15th, 2015. You must read the following rules, terms and legal conditions before submitting any photos! Click here to read the legal conditions.
WHAT TO ENTER:
We are looking for striking digital images to showcase the western side of horseback riding and rodeo sports.
We will be grouping images into these categories:
- Team Roping
- Calf Roping
- Goat Tying
- Barrel Racing
- Trail Riding
- Lil' Cowpokes (Kids Enjoying the Western Lifestyle)
- Spirit of the Horse (this category is for any photo that doesn't fit into a category above but still captures the western horseman style of life)
Please read below for official rules and details on how to enter:
HOW TO ENTER:
All images must be submitted though our email at firstname.lastname@example.org. Complete all requested fields, including name, email and other information about your photo submission.
Your submission must include:
- Submitter's name
- Photographer's name
- Category you are entering
- YOU MUST STATE IN YOUR EMAIL THAT YOU HAVE FULL RIGHTS TO THE PHOTO YOU HAVE SUBMITTED AND THAT YOU GRANT US RIGHTS TO USE IT AS WELL.
You must attach the image from your computer and email the file to us. Submissions submitted via Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, text message, or any other means will not be accepted
ELIGIBILITY AND JUDGING:
RULE CHANGE (11/15/2015) To give everyone a chance to enter, we are changing the pixel requirements this year to 1000 x 1000 pixels. This would be 1,000,000 total megapixels. You must still submit the original file. No screenshots or pictures of pictures will be accepted.
To ensure eligibility for the contest all entries must have a resolution of 6 million pixels or greater (6 megapixels) to be made available upon request. Images that do not meet this standard can still be judged, but may not be honored as a finalist in the competition (at the judges sole discretion) if the photographer is unable or unavailable to provide the proper resolution when asked.
Resolution can be calculated by multiplying the pixel width of the image with the pixel height. For example, a photograph taken with a 6-megapixel camera set for the highest resolution and best quality produces images approximately 2832 pixels by 2128 pixels, which are acceptable under the rules (2832 x 2128 = 6 million).
Entries may originate in any format — including, but not limited to digital files, digital prints, color transparencies, color prints, or black and white prints — so long as they are submitted electronically. Previously published material for which non-exclusive rights were granted may be entered as long as you still maintain the right to grant us a license (see "Your Rights" below). You must be able to disclose when and where the photo appeared previously to Ropes for Less upon request.
Images will be judged on originality, technical excellence, composition, overall impact and artistic merit. The judges are a panel of Ropes for Less staff members familiar with photography and responsible for selecting images for various Ropes for Less printed and online marketing and membership materials.
Online entries can be uploaded starting 12:01 pm Central Standard Time on November 11th, 2015. Deadline for submitting entries is 11:59 a.m. Central Standard Time on December 10, 2015.
Entrants may be asked to supplement their submission (such as a paragraph about their photo, the highest resolution version of their photo, or a watermark-free version of their photo) anytime on or after November 11, 2015.
Winners will be announced December 15th, 2015. Ropesforless reserves the right to adjust any deadline(s) as the result of causes beyond its immediate control.
The judging panel will select one photo in each category to be the prize winner for the $50 gift card to Ropesforless.com.
By submitting your photos to us, you grant Ropes for Less a royalty-free, nonexclusive right, in perpetuity, to:
- Use the photograph on the Internet.
- Use the photograph in Ropes for Less non-commercial and commercial communications.
- Provide your photograph to other individuals and organizations for non-commercial and commercial use, RFL-related use in news stories, newsletters, reports, slide shows, displays, web pages, and the like.
- Display on our website and use for promotional material
- Keep the files provided, and to archive the images on CD or in other electronic forms, so that your photos can be used to support our mission and be properly credited.
By your submission, you confirm that you have full rights to use your photo and grant us permission to do the same. Any photo submitted that is owned and copyrighted by a person other than you will be disqualified.
- If you choose to include people in your submission, you are responsible for obtaining the necessary releases from the individuals depicted, and must be able to provide copies of those releases to Ropes for Less upon request. Entrants must not submit images that involve human nudity, the willful harassment of animals, damage to the environment by the photographer, or infringe on the rights of any other photographer or person.
- All photographs should accurately reflect the subject matter and the scene as it appeared. Photos that have been digitally altered beyond standard optimization (removal of dust, cropping, reasonable adjustments to exposure, color and contrast, etc.) will be disqualified. Multiple exposures that have been combined to produce a single "High Dynamic Range" image are acceptable. Images that do not meet these requirements may or may not be judged at the judging panel's sole discretion.
- Photo captions must accompany all submissions, and should include the subject of the image, the location the image was taken, and the name of the photographer(s). Please clearly state what category you would like your photo entered into.
Questions and inquiries about contest rules can be emailed to email@example.com.